Sometimes it’s useful to measure a jacket that you already own and compare it to the jacket you want to buy. This is how all of my jackets are measured and you can compare them like-for-like to any jacket you own or want to compare.
- Chest – Measure from arm-pit to arm-pit.
- Shoulder – Measure from shoulder seam, over the back of the neck, and to the opposite shoulder seam.
- Waist – Measure from side to side.
- Length – Measure from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jacket.
- Sleeve – Measure from the very top of the shoulder seam to the bottom of the cuff.